The classic holiday drink—Eggnog—can be made a number of different ways using brandy, rum, whisky, bourbon, or vodka. Here we’ll be using bourbon.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 pint whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 egg whites
- Beat egg yolks until they turn pale yellow.
- Add 1/3 cup of sugar and beat until it is completely dissolved.
- Add milk, cream, bourbon, and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Beat egg whites to form soft peaks, add 1 tablespoon of sugar, and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk egg whites into milk mixture. Chill and serve.