Here is our recipe for homemade ginger snap cookies. Pair it with pumpkin sauce for dipping.
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup sugar for dipping cookies
- Beat shortening and sugar until well mixed.
- Beat in eggs and molasses.
- Sift flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt together.
- Mix in flour mixture until a soft dough forms. Put in a zip lock bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Scoop dough into 1 inch balls and dip the tops in sugar. Put sugar side up on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes until just firm. Cool on wire racks.