Herb-roasted potato stacks are the perfect snack or side to serve guests at the holiday table. Serve with cranberry sauce. Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 12-24 small thyme sprigs
- 2 tsp coarsely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 lb small yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Brush muffin cups with butter. Place 1-2 small thyme sprigs, and 1/2 tsp melted butter at the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Add chopped thyme and garlic to melted butter in saucepan. Stir over medium heat about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Slice potatoes into very thin slices. Pour herbed butter over potatoes, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Layer potato slices into muffin cups, pressing to make compact. Drizzle remaining butter in muffin cups.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake until tender (about 35 minutes) in a 350F oven.