This raw shaved salad is particularly spring-like and refreshing. It was inspired by a recent trip to Seattle and has been such a fun recipe to have on hand with summer quickly approaching. I love enjoying it for breakfast, served with a poached egg and juice, as a side for lunch, or even as an afternoon snack. The jicama adds such a refreshing crunch, the lime a tang, the cashews a salty crunch – I could go on and on about its amazing qualities and taste! Basically you’ll feel like a million bucks eating this salad; raw food is so great for the digestive system and you’ll surely feel it after partaking this dish.
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Small jicama
- 1 Medium beet
- 5 Radishes
- Small bunch fresh mint, rinsed and stems removed
- Juice from one lime
- 4 T. Walnut oil (or nut oil of your choice)
- ¼ c. Cashews, lightly chopped
- Pinch Maldon Sea Salt
- Shave each vegetable with a vegetable peel and toss in bowl with mint, lime juice and oil. Place on serving plates and sprinkle with cashews, finishing with Maldon Sea Salt.
- Use all market-fresh and/or organic vegetables for the richest taste.
- Salad can be prepared ahead of time; reserve mint and cashews until ready to serve.