Editorial & Production Intern
Los Angeles / Summer Internship
Life & Thyme is seeking a creative self-starter hungry to learn the fast-paced media landscape by being immersed in everything we do at Life & Thyme. This position will run from July 2019 to September 2019, during which time interns will have the opportunity to learn about producing high quality food journalism, editorial design, film production, photography and more. Interns will assist on a variety of projects related to our entire media ecosystem and directly report to our founder and editorial team. We are a small but mighty team that moves fast and experiments often.
A Sample of Expected Tasks:
- Research, pitch stories and assist in the development of editorial stories for lifeandthyme.com and any of our TV/film projects
- Stay abreast of trends and important social topics related to food culture on a local and global scale
- Occasionally assist on-set for film or photo production shoots
- Assist in the publishing of stories including writing social copy, acquiring assets and preparing articles in our CMS
Qualified Candidates Will Be:
- Located in Los Angeles but will work remote most of the time. You will not work from a company office but will have regular in-person meetings with our editors and may be required to be on-set for production shoots or events in Los Angeles.
- Passionate about food culture on a journalistic level
- In possession of excellent verbal and written skills
- Organized with a keen eye for grammar and spelling
- Eager to learn new skills and to jump in on any task
- Able to produce on a deadline-driven environment with a strong attention to detail
- A current student or recent grad in journalism, communications or documentary filmmaking a plus
- Previously published stories a plus
- Experienced in Google Docs, Dropbox, Basecamp, WordPress, Photoshop, and/or Social Media platforms all a plus
This position is for a 20 hr/week contract at $15/hour from July 2019 to September 2019, starting immediately.
About Life & Thyme: Life & Thyme is an independent media platform and award-winning video production house specializing in culinary storytelling and food journalism. Our mission is to expand critical conversations, encourage cooperation and inclusiveness, and promote the enjoyment and awareness of food culture, its complexity and creativity. From investigative reporting to our Emmy-winning television show, The Migrant Kitchen on PBS, we highlight conversations that matter on both sides of the pass.
To apply, fill out the application below