Kachka’s Red Heering
Yield: 1 Serving
Our Red Heering is inspired by one of my favorite cocktails, Remember the Maine. Instead of rye whiskey, we use beet-infused gin, which was the first infusion we ever made for Kachka. The flavor is really focused on the cherry and beet coming together with the absinthe—anise and beets being so complementary to one another.
In honor of the holiday season, we asked restaurants from around the world to share recipes for winter cocktails that you can replicate at home. These five drinks will take you across the globe—from Birdie G’s in Santa Monica, to Esmé in Chicago, Kachka in Portland, Ditta Artigianale in Florence, and La Factoría in San Juan.
- 2 oz. beet-infused gin
- .75 oz. Dolin Dry
- .25 oz. Heering Cherry Liqueur
- .25 tsp. absinthe
For Beet Gin
- 750 ml. Tanqueray gin
- 2 cups freshly shredded, raw beets
Missing ingredients? We got you.
Find and support independent producers, farmers and purveyors in your local area with our crowdsourced directory, Supply Home Cooks.
Beet Gin Infusion:
- Add shredded beets to gin, store in a cool and dark place.
- Let steep for 48 hours.
- Strain and store in the refrigerator.
- Combine all ingredients into an ice-filled stirring vessel.
- Quickly stir and strain into a stemmed coupe.
- Garnish with an orange twist.